Mr. Coffee TM70 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker Full Review
With the Mr Coffee Iced Tea Maker, you can create custom, fresh brewed iced tea easily with one simple touch. It features a brew strength bar that adjusts the strength of the tea to suit your taste buds. In just a few minutes, you can have full flavored, gourmet iced tea just like the ones you buy at the coffeehouse. The Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker quickly brews up three quarts (2.84 liters) of iced tea and includes four delicious recipes.
Brewing fresh, home-made iced tea has never been easier. You can use loose tea leaves or tea bags to easily create refreshing cool drinks. You can make all types from traditional unsweetened tea to gourmet tea infused with your favorite flavors. All you do is put in the tea, add water, your favorite flavor and ice, then let the tea brew. The brew is ready in about ten minutes and the unit automatically shuts when the cycle is complete.
- Adjustable strength control.
- Automatic shut-off when cycle completes.
- On and off indicator light.
- 3 quart (2.84 liter) capacity.
- Removable brew basket.
- Use loose leaves or tea bags.
- Includes four great recipes.
- Water level window.
- Dishwasher safe pitcher.
- Non-drip spout.
- Ice level markings.
- Measures 8 ½ x 15 ½ x 12 ½ inches.
- Additional replacement parts and accessories available.
- Easy to clean.
- Available in three color combinations – white and teal, white and watermelon, and white and blue.
Use and Care
CAUTION: Don’t close the lid too tight when the tea is brewing to allow the steam to vent.
The Mr. Coffee Brewing Unit
- Care for as you would a coffee maker.
- Do not immerse in water.
- Clean thoroughly before the first use.
Water Filtration Disk
- Do not scrub the disk with a harsh pad or steel wool.
- To get out loose tea leaves that may stick to the mesh, turn the filter upside down and tap it under warm running water.
- For an occasional deep cleaning, soak the filter in a mixture of 50% water and 50% white vinegar for a few minutes, then wash with soap and water to remove the vinegar taste and smell.
Frequently Asked Questions
“Is the plastic safe and BPA free?”
Yes. The plastic is high quality, BPA free and approved for food storage.
“How well does it work?”
It works exactly as described. Every pot comes out perfectly.
“Is there an automatic sugar dispenser?”
No. The machine brews tea. Any flavor you want in the tea you have to add yourself, including sugar.
“Can I put the basket in the dishwasher?”
Yes, the basket is very similar to a coffee maker basket and can be put in the dishwasher.
“How does it work? All I get is about 2 inches of tea. What am I doing wrong?”
It’s true. You will only get a small amount of hot tea. To make 3 quarts of iced tea, follow the instruction for the brewing part, and fill the pitcher with ice. The hot tea will dissolve some of the ice and cool the tea. When the process is complete, the machine shuts off and your iced tea is ready.
“How much water do I add to the pitcher if I’m not using ice?”
Fill the pitcher to the 3 quart line.
“Where does the water go to brew the tea?”
You put the water into the reservoir, just like a coffee maker. To dilute the tea, put ice or water into the pitcher. Position the spout carefully to avoid spillage.
“Can this machine be used to make hot tea?”
The tea comes out hot, but you only get about one cup. There are better ways to brew hot tea. This machine is designed for iced tea.
|Average Ratings (from 2 ratings) 2 Positive Reviews|
0 Negative Reviews